Please read these rules before submitting your photo(s) to UAE SDGs Photography Award. By participating in the Competition, you understand, acknowledge and fully, irrevocably and unconditionally agree to abide and be bound by the following Rules:
1. The Competition is open for online submissions only through the Competition online registration page available on: www.hipa.ae
2. Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on 26th May 2019 until 24:00 on 31st July 2019, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the deadline will not be accepted.
3. Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of the Submission(s).
4. You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old or older at the date of submitting your Phot0(s) to the Competition. You further understand and agree that UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD will automatically and without further notice discard any Phot0(s) that are found to be submitted by a participant that is below eighteen (18) years old at the time of the Submission.
1. You may submit up to one (1) Photo in each relevant category of the Competition, except the Portfolio category (People) where you can submit between 5 – 10 Photo(s); You must provide a title and description for each Photo submitted and a description for the set of photos in the Portfolio category.
2. The same Photo must not be submitted in more than one (1) category. Any Photo submitted in more than one (1) category will be discarded from the Competition.
3. Submitted Photo must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi. And to be suitable for publication.
4. You are kindly requested to upload the original Photo(s) (RAW) or the Photo(s) without any editing on the time of submitting the Photo(s) to the Competition.
5. For the Portfolio category, you are requested to submit a series of Photo(s) on the same subject matter. The number of permitted Photo(s) is the minimum of 5 and maximum of 10 Photo(s).
6. All submitted Photo (s (must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of thePhoto(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations; including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD preserves the right to assess and discard from the competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD's own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
7. Photo(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
8. Photo(s) (that have won any previous award(s), whether in any UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st July 2019 , and/or Photo(s) that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice disqualified from the entire Competition.
1. The winner(s) will be contacted by UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD and must provide UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD with their bank account details and personal details within seven (7) days from UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD's request. The cash money prize(s) will be paid to each winner within a period of two (2) months following the announcement of the Competition's results.
2. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD’s judging panel has the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Photo(s) or Submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
3. Any federal, state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to you under the Competition will be solely paid by you.
4. The decision of UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD's judging panel is final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Competition.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS:
1. Submitted Photo(s) must be a single work of original material created and/or taken by you, must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license, permission or approval to use, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. Upon making your Submission, you grant UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, promote your submitted Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world for any purpose, related to the Competition, the publication in UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD promotional digital and/or printed materials and formats broadcast such as on UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD magazines, printed leaflet and brochures, UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD website and/or through other public online feeds, promoting subsequent competitions and/or the work of UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD generally.
3. You must obtain, solely bear the cost for, and provide UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD within seven (7) calendar days of any request to do so by UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, with any or all of the following:
a) A signed written consent, release and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person(s) appearing in your submitted Photo(s), clearly authorizing you to use their picture or likeness for submitting the Photo(s) in the manner contemplated by the Competition, and authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known. Please click here to download the draft of the Model Release Form;
b) A signed written license from the copyright owner of any sculpture, artwork, or other copyrighted material that appears in your submitted Photo(s), authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known;
c) A signed written license from the owner of any private property included in your submitted Photo(s), authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known; and
d) A signed written license or release letter from a person who has the right or is able to assert any right over the Photo(s) (e.g. employer, agency, etc) authorizing UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the relevant entry(s) for all purposes, in any media now or hereafter known; and
click here to download the model of the Release form.
e) If you have been announced as a winner of the Competition (in any category), you grant to UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, promote your winning Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world and for any purpose, including but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication of a book featuring select entries in the Competition, publication in UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD materials and/or online highlighting entries or winners of the Competition, and promoting the work of UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD generally.
1. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the Photo(s), the Competition or the conduct of the Competition and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and you further waive any claims that you may state or assert against UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD in association with the Competition or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the Photo(s), Competition even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, in whole or in part. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD from any claim arising out of your participation in the Competition including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the Competition.
2. If UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, at its sole discretion, is of the opinion that you have breached any of the Rules, UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD has the right to disqualify you from the Competition, and in such circumstances you must re-pay to UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD all costs undertaken by UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD in relation to your Submission(s) and participation in the Competition and the awards ceremony, including but not limited to (if and to the extent applicable) any travel costs incurred by UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, and re-pay the Competition prize money and return any trophies or certificates at your own cost to UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD.
3. Under no circumstance UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD will be liable for any:
1. lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible or incomplete Submissions;
2. error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, submitted Photo(s);
3. problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing;
4. incorrect or inaccurate information, caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Photo(s) and/or the Submissions; and/or
5. injury or damage to any Participant or to any computer related to, resulting from or in connection with the Competition.
4. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as anticipated, due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition as deemed appropriate, disqualify any Participant, and/or select winners from all eligible Photo(s) submitted prior to the termination, cancellation, modification or suspension. UAE SDGS PHOTOGRAPHY AWARD reserves the right to correct any typo-graphical, printing, computer programming or operating errors at any time.
The Competition, your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the applicable federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, and any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the Competition and/or your Submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai courts (as established by Law No. (3) of 1992 and Law No. (13) of 2016).