Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) [the Photo(s)] to the “Best photo” competition of Al Marmoum Camel Racetrack. By participating in the Competition, you (You/ Your/ the Participant) understand, acknowledge and fully, irrevocably and unconditionally agree to abide and be bound by the following Rules:
1. The Competition is open, kindly send your photo to Marmoumphoto@hipa.ae and mention your name, date of birth, nationality and mobile number
2. Submissions will be accepted from 14:00 on 9th April 2014 until 22:00 on 15th April 2014, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the closing time will be accepted.
3. Participation is open for everyone from all over the world.
1. Only submissions that are related to the competition and taken during the Al Marmoum Camel Racetrack races/activities will be accepted. All other nonrelated photographs will be disqualified.
2. Participants may submit only one photograph for this competition.
3. Submitted Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 2 MB in size and suitable for publication.
4. Color and/or black and white Photos are permitted.
5. All submitted Photos must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) are prohibited. HIPA preserves the right to assess and discard from the Competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at HIPA's own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
6. Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded. A Participant who submits any such Photo(s) may be permanently prohibited, subject to HIPA discretion, from participating in the Competition or any other any current or future HIPA competition.
1. A judging panel chosen by HIPA will choose all winning photographs. All results will be announced at the closing ceremony for the Al Marmoum Camel Racetrack.
2. HIPA judging panel have the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Photo(s) or Submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
3. The decision of HIPA's judging panel is final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Competition.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. Submitted Photo(s) must be a single work of original material created and/or taken by You, must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which You have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
2. Upon making Your Submission, You grant to HIPA, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, promote Your submitted Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world for any purpose, related to the Competition, the publication in HIPA promotional digital and/or printed materials and formats broadcast such as on HIPA magazines, printed leaflet and brochures, HIPA website and/or through other public online feeds, promoting subsequent competitions and/or the work of HIPA generally.
3. If You have been announced as a winner of the Competition, You grant to HIPA, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, promote Your winning Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world and for any purpose, including but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication of a book featuring select entries in the Competition, publication in HIPA materials and/or online highlighting entries or winners of the Competition, and promoting the work of HIPA generally.
1. You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge HIPA and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the Competition or the conduct of the Competition and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against HIPA in association with the Competition or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the Competition even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of HIPA, in whole or in part. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless HIPA from any claim arising out of Your participation in the Competition including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that You or they may sustain in any way associated with Your participation in the Competition.
2. If HIPA, at its sole discretion, is of the opinion that You have breached any of the Rules, HIPA has the right to disqualify You from the Competition, and in such circumstances You must re-pay to HIPA all costs undertaken by HIPA in relation to Your Submission(s) and participation in the Competition and the awards ceremony, including but not limited to (if and to the extent applicable) any travel costs incurred by HIPA, and re-pay the Competition prize money and return any trophies or certificates at Your own cost to HIPA.
The Competition, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the applicable federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, and any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the Competition and/or Your Submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai courts.