Please read these rules (the Rules) before submitting your photo(s) and/or video(s) (the Photo(s)) to HIPA's 8th season's Competition ‘Water’ (the Competition). By participating in the Competition, you (You/ Your/ the Participant) understand, acknowledge and fully, irrevocably and unconditionally agree to abide and be bound by the following Rules:
1. The Competition is open for online submissions only (the Submissions), through the Competition online registration page available on www.hipa.ae.
2. Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on ………………. until 24:00 on 31st October 2018, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the deadline will be accepted.
3. Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years or over at the time of the Submission(s).
4. You hereby certify that you are eighteen (18) years old or older at the date of submitting your Photo(sto the Competition. You further understand and agree that HIPA will automatically and without further notice discard any Photo(s) that are found to be submitted by a participant that is below eighteen (18) years old at the time of the Submission.
1. You may submit up to one (1) Photo in each relevant category of the Competition including the sub categories under the General category, Except the Portfolio category where you can submit between 5 – 10 Photo(s); You must provide a title and description for each Photo submitted and a description for the set of photos in the Portfolio category.
3. Submitted Photo must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi to be suitable for publication.
5. Black and white Photo(s) are permitted in all the categories of the Competition except for the Color sub category under the General category.
7. All submitted Photo(smust not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(sis acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s. Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations; including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(sis prohibited. HIPA preserves the right to assess and discard from the competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at HIPA's own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
8. Photo(s) that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices will be disqualified.
9. Photo(s) (that have won any previous award(s), whether in any HIPA prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s) whatsoever and announced before 31st October 2018 , and/or Photo(s) that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice disqualified from the entire Competition.
1. HIPA's appointed judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photo(s).The results, prizes and the winners will be announced in a public ceremony that will be held on March 2019.
2. The winner(s) will be contacted by HIPA and must provide HIPA with their bank account details and personal details within seven (7) days from HIPA's request. The cash money prize(s) will be paid to each winner within a period of two (2) months following the announcement of the Competition's results.
3. HIPA’s judging panel has the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Photo(s) or Submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
4. Any federal, state/ provincial/ territorial, and/or local taxes, fees and surcharges and taxes (whether foreign or domestic, and including income tax) on any prize that may be awarded to you under the Competition will be solely paid by you.
5. The decision of HIPA's judging panel is final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Competition.