Please read the rules and regulations before submitting your photo(s) [the Photo(s)] to Expo 2020 YouthConnect 2016 Photography Competition (the Competition).
By participating in the Competition, you (the Participant / photographer) understand, acknowledge and fully, irrevocably and unconditionally agree to abide and be bound by the following Rules:
- The Competition is open for online submissions only (the Submissions), through the Competition Online Registration page available on 26th July www.hipa.ae.
- Submissions will be accepted from 00:01 on 9th August 2016 until 24:00 on 30th September 2016, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the closing time will be accepted.
- Participants must be individuals aged between 16 – 25 years at the time of their Submission(s).
- Participants must be a citizen or resident of one of the GCC countries.
- You hereby certify that you are between 16 - 25 years old at the date of submitting your Photo(s) to the Competition. You further understand and agree that management will automatically and without further notice discard any Photo(s) that are found to be submitted by a Participant that is not belonging to this age frame at the time of its Submission.
- You may submit up to three (3) Photo in each category of the Competition. You must provide one (1) title for each Photo.
- The same Photo must not be submitted in more than One (1) category.
- Submitted Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 2 MB in size and suitable for publication.
- Black and white Photos are permitted in all the categories of the Competition.
- All submitted Photos must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations including compositions and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited. EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition reserves the right to assess and discard from the Competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded. A Participant who submits any such Photo(s) may be permanently prohibited, subject to EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition discretion, from participating in the Competition or any other current or future EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition.
- Photo(s) that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, that include advertising or promotional materials, must not be submitted. In this case, Any Photo(s) submitted will be automatically and without further notice discarded from the entire Competition.
- For the shortlisted photographs, the EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition has the right to ask for the original/RAW file. All the shortlisted entrants should submit the original photographs in maximum 7 days. Otherwise, the photograph will be disqualified from the competition.
SELECTION PROCESS AND PRIZES
- There shall be one winner for each of three following categories:
Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability.
- The Management appointed judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos.
- EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition judging panel have the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Photo(s) or Submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
- The decision of EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition’s judging panel is final and binding on all Participants in respect to all matters relating to the Competition and cannot give rise to any dispute or claim by the winner or any third party, including any other Participant in the EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition.
- Each of the three winners shall receive:
- A photography kit which includes a Canon EOS 7D Mark II professional camera;
- A seat in a practical workshop (2 days workshop on a special photography product/ category / technic under the supervision and guidance of a professional photographer).
- Winners will be announced on the final day of YouthConnect 2016. All shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited in advance to be able to attend the YouthConnect 2016 event.
- In the event any or all of the three winners fails to respond within five (5) days of the notification by telephone or email, the winner/s shall be deemed by EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition as having relinquished the right to his/their prize and subject to the EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition’s sole discretion another winner may be chosen or the prize not awarded.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- Upon making your Submission, you hereby warrant and represent that such Submitted Photo(s) must be a single work of original material created and/or taken by You, must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which You have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or any intellectual property rights of any person or entity . You agree that you will be liable to EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives (“Released Parties”) and indemnify the Released Parties for breach of any warranty.
- Upon making Your Submission, you shall keep ownership in the Photo (s) submitted to the EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition. However, you shall grant EXPO 2020 and HIPA the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, license, post, translate, sub-license, incorporate, create derivative works from, exploit, issue or communicate to the public and otherwise use (together “Reproduce”) any submitted Photo (s) for any purpose.
- You hereby agree that upon the receipt of the Photo (s) by EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition, the following shall vest in EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition entirely and without exception:
- any copyright, patents, database rights and rights in trademarks, designs, know-how (whether registered or unregistered) including rights over any accompanying words, slogans or catch phrases (“Intellectual Property Rights”) arising herein from and related to the Photo (s);
- applications for registration, and the right to apply for such registration, for any of the Intellectual Property Rights in 3.1 arising herein from and related to the Photo (s); and
- any other right inherently connected with the Intellectual Property Rights of or inherent to the Photo (s).
- You hereby grant EXPO 2020 and HIPA, a perpetual, worldwide, exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, promote Your submitted Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world for any purpose, related to the Competition, the publication in EXPO 2020 and HIPA promotional digital and/or printed materials and formats broadcast such as on magazines, printed leaflet and brochures, website and/or through other public online feeds, promoting subsequent competitions and/or the work of EXPO 2020 and HIPA generally.
- If You have been announced as a winner of the Competition (in any category), You grant to Expo 2020 and HIPA a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, promote Your winning Photo(s), in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world and for any purpose, including but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication of a book featuring select entries in the Competition, publication in EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition materials and/or online highlighting entries or winners of the Competition, and promoting the work of Expo 2020 and HIPA generally and the right to sublicense any or all of those rights to a third party.
- You hereby hold harmless, release, indemnify and discharge EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers and representatives from all liability, claims, judgments, demands, controversies, agreements, damages, actions and causes of action whatsoever, arising out of or related in any way to the Competition or the conduct of the Competition and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded, whether in law or in equity, no matter what the cause or nature, and You further waive any claims that You may state or assert against EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition in association with the Competition or any of its associated activities, or in any way related to or resulting from the Competition even if such injury or claims results from or is caused by the negligence or gross negligence of EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition, in whole or in part. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition from any claim arising out of your participation in the Competition including, without limitation, all claims brought or asserted by any third party as a result of any injury or loss that you or they may sustain in any way associated with your participation in the Competition.
- If EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition, at its sole discretion, is of the opinion that You have breached any of the Rules, EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition has the right to disqualify You from the Competition, and in such circumstances You must re-pay to EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition all costs undertaken by EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition in relation to Your Submission(s) and participation in the Competition and the awards ceremony, including but not limited to (if and to the extent applicable) any travel costs incurred by EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition, and re-pay the Competition prize money and return any trophies or certificates at Your own cost to EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition.
- Under no circumstances is the transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a Prize (or any part thereof) permitted. However, EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition reserves the right to substitute, at any time, for any reason, a Prize (or applicable portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
- A designated winner shall execute and return an “Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release” as well as any other documents required by EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition within forty-eight (48) hours of date of notification, if required.
- EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition and any of its Released Parties may use the Participant name, city and state of residence, photograph, any oral or written statements, footage, and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity
- EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend and/or terminate the EXPO 2020 YouthConnect Photography Competition and/or the Rules (or portion thereof) without any notice to the Participant, at any time and for any reason it may deem appropriate.
The Competition, Your Submission(s) and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Dubai and the applicable federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, and any aspects or disputes arising out of or in connection with the Competition and/or Your Submission(s) will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai courts.